Such a great way to use up soft pears and floury apples. Semi healthy too, since each ramekin contains one serving of fruit and you could absolutely get away with not adding any sugar to the fruit mixture.
3 T lemon juice
1/4 C sugar (use less or leave out if you prefer it a bit tart)
1/4 C cranberries
1/3 C flour
1/4 C + 2 t brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
2 T butter
1.5 T cold water
1/2 C rolled oats
1. Pre heat oven to 190 C bake.
2. Peel and cut fruit into 1 cm chunks.
3. Toss fruit into a bowl with lemon juice, sugar, cranberries, nutmeg and cinnamon.
4. Divide evenly between 4 ramekins, or put all in large baking dish.
5. In another bowl combine flour, butter, sugar, salt and spices until all the butter is rubbed in.
6. Add in rolled oats, then add water to mix. If like me you enjoy a crumble with big biscuity chunks add a bit more water so the mixture forms small dough like balls. If too wet, add more rolled oats.
7. Spoon crumble on top of fruit and bake at 190 C for 40-45 minutes. It’s ok to be full to the brim, as it will reduce as it cooks.
Link where I got this recipe from and tweaked for my own: http://www.food.com/recipe/apple-and-pear-crumble-188388?mode=us&scaleto=8.0&st=null
My next culinary goal…..well I”ve really been craving Chelsea Buns, and it seems like the Australians don’t know what they are. So I either give it go, or wait until I go back home to NZ for the sweet delight. It’s just tough though…I have to make bread